The town took the name Round Rock in homage of the large rock that sits in Brushy Creek.
Round Rock saw significant growth, and by 1871 offered its residents insurance, a blacksmith, wagon shop, bookstore, saddle shop, and grocery stores. By 1876, the International and Great Northern Railroad necessitated commercial areas of Brushy to relocate east. As such, the old settlement is now referred to as Old Town.
Today, Round Rock resides partially in Williamson and Travis counties. With a population of more than 128,000, the economy is driven
by clean energy, advanced manufacturing, and software development. Entertainment options such as the AAA minor league Round Rock Express baseball team, natural areas, and parks add to the appeal of Round Rock.